Certificate Course in OPHTHALMIC ASSISTANT [Popularly known as “Oph”]
1. Minimum Qualification for Admission Matric, 10+1, 10+2. B.Sc., B.A., B.Com. or any equivalent Qualifications.
2. Age : No age Restriction.
3. Sex : Both Sexes eligible for Admission.
4. Duration : One Academic Year/Two year.
5. He/She can open his/her Opthematery shop at any part of the country Subject to state law’s or under the supervisor of medical professional/eye surgeon.
6. The diploma holder will be suitable for an appointment as Oph. Asstt. in all private eye hospital or with private Medical practitioners
7. 70% attendance in theoretical/Practical training classes is compulsory for candidate enrolled for appearing in the final examination.
Two Years Ophthalmic Subjects
1st Year 2nd Year
(i) Anatomy & Physiology (iv) Refraction I
(ii) Optical Physics (v) Refraction II
(iii) Ophthalmic optics & Dispensing (vi)Visual optics & eye diseases
Practical and internal assessment , VIVA Voice
One Year Ophthalmic Subjects
(i) Anatomy & Physiology
(ii) Optical Physics
(iii) Visual Optics & eye diseases, grinding and Lens Power
Practical and internal assessment, VIVA Voice.
Diploma Awarded by Institute of Para medical Technology, New Delhi
Only Guru Nanak Institute Diploma/Certificate ( IPMT) have Govt recognized and ISO 9001-2000 written on them.